What you’ll do here
- You will build web applications, mostly with Next and TypeScript.
- You will work as part of an integrated project team, collaborating closely with designers and your fellow developers.
- You will liaise with clients and other stakeholders on technical matters.
- You will support less experienced developers and help to develop their skills.
- You take code quality, accessibility and performance seriously.
- You deliver well-researched and sound solutions.
- You make well-reasoned decisions and trade-offs.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have an interest in technology and the culture around our projects.
- Several years (typically 5+) of professional experience building for the web, and capable of leading the development and rollout of an entire project.
- Deep expertise with at least one modern web framework or library, e.g. React, Ember, Vue, Angular, Django, Rails, or Express.
- Excellent semantic HTML foundations and an understanding of its importance for accessibility.
- Up-to-date with modern CSS capabilities and best practices, with a thorough understanding of the cascade and knowledge of one or more methodologies (e.g. OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS, ITCSS).
- Familiarity with TypeScript.
- Experience developing mobile apps, whether native iOS or Android or with a framework like React Native or Flutter.
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, Ruby or Go.
- Backend experience.
- Any other competencies you may have gained from working in other fields besides development — we value breadth of experience and a demonstrated ability to learn new skills.
- Full-time remote (anywhere between UTC-3 and UTC+5) or in Berlin.
- Working language English.
- Salary of €55-65,000/year.
- 28 days of paid time off.
- Professional development budget.
- Semi-flexible working hours.
- Starting ASAP.
- Take-home coding task at your own pace. You’ll have about a week to complete it, but we ask you not to spend more than a few hours on it.
- Technical call with two members of the dev team to review your coding task submission.
- A non-technical call with two members of the dev team to have a broader discussion regarding your previous experience.
- A meeting with our CEO to discuss terms of employment.
Hybrid office/remote work policy
- We are operating under a hybrid model, meaning that there are flexible options for both office and remote work.
- It is possible to work fully remotely, whether you are in Berlin or anywhere else.
- For those who wish to do so, it is also possible to work from our office in Berlin in accordance with corona regulations and hygiene protocols.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements and like what you’ve read so far, we would love to hear from you. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a member of one or more marginalized groups, for example if you are a person of color, neurodiverse, a wom*n, non-binary or otherwise gender non-conforming, and/or a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
Please send us:
- your CV
- a bit about you and why you think you would be a good fit for this position
- anything else that tells us more about you and your skills, such as a link to a code repository or your personal website (optional)
Please send your application to Alice. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!