What you’ll do here
You will mostly build web applications as part of an integrated team, following processes and closely collaborating with designers and other developers. You will support and develop the skills of more junior developers and take on feedback from your fellow team members with a view to constant improvement. You will also take responsibility for liaising with clients and other stakeholders on technical matters.
You are a forward-thinking, diligent professional who can teach us something and who is keen to learn from their peers. You are committed to the craft of writing code, have an interest in new technology and the culture around our projects, and want to make a contribution to the culture of our company.
You recognise the reality and importance of collaborating with your teammates. If you just want to put on your headphones and code, we are probably not the right company for you.
- You are a seasoned web developer
- You have solid experience with at least two frontend languages or frameworks
- You have production experience with at least one backend language or framework
- You can work independently and solve problems in a directed way
- You have an ongoing commitment to improvement and the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- You have demonstrated experience collaborating with other developers as part of a team
- You believe in the importance of semantic HTML
- You aren’t afraid of CSS (you don’t belittle it, either)
- You take code quality and performance seriously, and this is reflected in your approach
- You believe in pair programming, software testing and code reviews
- You seek simple solutions to complex problems
- You demonstrate empathy and respect for others
- You can tolerate changing requirements and situations and adapt accordingly
- You thrive in a culture of open feedback and communication
- You are an engaged, creative and supportive team member
- You take responsibility for supporting junior developers
- You are trustworthy, with a history of integrity
- You are an effective communicator in English (German a plus)
What we offer
- Solid salary and benefits. We offer an above-average salary and 28 days of paid time off, with semi-flexible working hours.
- Career development opportunities. Regularly exchange feedback, participate in strategic company off-sites, and access a professional development budget to spend on conferences, seminars, and books.
- Experienced, international, engaged team. We are from Australia, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, and the USA, with decades of experience in design and development between us.
- Fun office environment. We have drinks, snacks, and a Sonos sound system for you to take control of the office tunes.
- Full-time from our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
- English at work, pushing for German over lunch and beers.
- Starting ASAP and interested in a longer-term commitment.
How to apply
We’d obviously like to know what you have done in your life so far. In addition to that we’re interested in your answers to the following three questions:
- Why do you want to join A Color Bright?
- Which niche or aspect of web development are you particularly interested in right now?
- What made you want to become a developer in the first place and why are you still committed to the profession?
Please send your answers, along with everything else we should know, to Alice and Sven.